Monday, March 14, 2011

TED -- part. 1


1) The TED organization is about showing latest studies and what people are doing and how they are going further into them.

2) The purpose of the TED site is to inform the people on latest technology developments and to get people interested in them. The functionality of the site supports that because the site has a whole bunch of videos on what's going on in the world and what to expect from technology in the future.

3) As an "engineer" I would think the scientific things would most interest us. I think this because we are problem solvers and science defines the problems we face and we have to use science to fix them. Global issues could also be there but at a lesser extent I think.

4) 3 videos I find most interesting are "Understanding the Rise of China", "The Rise of Personal Robots", and "The Linguistic Genius of Babies".

5) I chose the "Understanding the Rise of China" video.



  • China will be the new world power.

  • China will have the highest economy.

  • Chinese will be the new biggest language.

  • China will have the biggest population, thus the biggest army.

6) I could get into these kind of things because I think these are very intelligent people talking and they know what they're saying and can thoroughly explain it. These are the type of people I like to learn things from.

1 comment:

  1. An interesting choice. Not as technical as many selections but certainly of relevance for our future. What other countries might give China a run for their money as far as developing economies and capabilities? I'm interested in learning Portuguese which is a very big hint.

    ReplyDelete